Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Product review.

I know I have been m.i.a.  And I totally thought being broken would give me more time to blog but that was definitely not the case.  When you do nothing and go no where you have nothing to blog about!  And I'm sure no one wanted to read the play by plays of my shows.  So I'm back up and running (not literally running yet). But I am moving with no boot and life is back to normal 😃.  I found some new products that I fell in love with and wanted to share. The first thing that I actually just got is a beauty blender.  I know I'm pretty late to the game on this one but I love it.  I actually don't use it to apply my foundation.  I only use it to apply my concealer.  The first time I tried it I just popped it out of the container and straight to my face.  The first time using it I was like wtf is the big deal about this thing?  Then I googled and figured out wetting it just enough to get it damp gets the best results well at least that's what I have found from my experience. The beauty blender works really well with any pro finish concealer.  They go for $20 bucks and you can find them at your local Sephora.  They do sell a beauty blender cleanser as well to go with it but I did not purchase that.  Once I got home and tried cleaning it with soap and water I instantly regretted not getting it.  Then I pulled out a cleanser that I have from Lancôme and it worked like a charm.  I clean it after every use to avoid bacteria.  
The next product that I found was a random purchase.  Does anyone remember the brand hard candy?  They use to sell there nail polish in Nieman Marcus back in the day.  Now you can find the brand at Walmart.  Whenever I go to Walmart I make a effort to check out the hard candy stuff.  I guess that kid inside of me is still dying for those nail polishes with a cute plastic ring attached.  I ended up picking up one of there baked bronzers.  The color I got was in tiki which turned out to be not much of a bronzer at all.  It's funny because it is a very gold tone and I ended up using it as a highlighter to give me a glowing look.  I really love it as a highlighter would not recommend it as a bronzer you will be very disappointed.  I think it's great for the summer to add a beachy glow.  Plus it's only $6 bucks!
The last thing that I finally splurged on has been on my wish list for awhile now.  I finally took the plunge and bought the naked pallet.  I had purchased a urban decay pallet in the past (forgive me I can't remember the name of it). But it had like 15 colors in it and I still have the thing.  The colors in my old pallet were more purples, blues, and grays.  All of urban decays eye colors are super pigmented and for getting 12 colors and a eye primer it was well worth it.  I'm not one to do eye make up every day.  When going to work I keep it very natural so and use a brown tint eye shadow.  I have been playing with the colors in the naked pallet so far and I am definitely in love.  


No comments:

Post a Comment