Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday Recap....

I have to say that this year has been the best Christmas that I have had in awhile.  My holiday break started by going to the Cardinals vs. Bears game.  Rob and I ended up scoring third row seats! And the icing on the cake...The Bears won! Before the game we tailgated with some of Rob's friends and there parents.  I love hanging out with other people's parents especially when they remind me of my own.  Always a good time. 
 
On Christmas eve Rob went golfing with my Dad and I wrapped gifts and helped my mom get ready for Christmas day.  Later that night we went out to dinner to one of my favorite places Durant's.  Durant's on the outside looks like a total dive.  But once inside it brings back that old time like 60's feel.  They have hands down the best filet in town.  And not to mention my favorite desert.....strawberry short cake yum!  Later that night me and Rob had exchanged gifts.  He did something super clever.....and it was his way of getting out of wrapping my gift.  He hid my gift and told me to go find it in the house. So I was searching and on our mantel where the stockings hang was a random moose stuffed animal....I was like OK....Cute....Once I grabbed the moose I realized it was wearing diamond hoop earrings! I love them.  I got Rob a Burton travel bag for his snowboard stuff.  Slightly bummed because he figured out what I had gotten him long before.  But oh well I'm glad he likes it. 
On Christmas day my Mother was scheduled to work.  However she got called in the morning and was cancelled.  Because my Mom was originally scheduled to work my brother in law had volunteered to make our Christmas dinner.  We do Italian every year on Christmas and this year was no different.  However Jordan learned that cooking is not as easy as it looks.  It ended up taking three additional hours then expected.  Everything ended up working out because I got the chance to spend the additional time with my family.  I really enjoyed all of the gifts that I had received this year.  But the one thing that I had asked for was the link J. Crew bracelet....and I got it : ) Hope everyone else got what they wanted this Christmas!
And one more thing....I can finally officially announce.....I AM GOING TO BE A AUNT!!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment